RESIDENTIAL FAMILY ADVOCATE (FLOATER)
Safe Passage has an opening for a full time (30 hours) Residential Family Advocate. Candidate must have a Bachelor's degree in a human services field and have an understanding of domestic violence, sexual assault, and victim-centered services. Candidate must also be able to work flexible hours, days, evenings, nights, and weekends. Residential advocate will provide supportive services to clients in our shelter program including but not limited to advocacy, crisis intervention, information and referral, prevention services, and others to promote the empowerment and independence of these clients.
DV LEGAL ADVOCATE
Safe Passage has an opening for a full time Domestic Violence Legal Advocate. Candidate must have a Bachelor's degree in a human services field and have an understanding of domestic violence, sexual assault, and victim-centered services. Candidate must also be comfortable working within the criminal justice system.
Job duties include, but not limited to:
- Provides support and legal information to all Safe Passage clients
- Provides legal advocacy, including the preparation of orders of protection
- Accompanies clients to court for criminal and civil proceedings
- Attends bond calls and makes information about legal options and Safe Passage services available to victims
- Maintains relationship with criminal justice resources
- Remains current on relevant legal issues
- Participates as a member of a team, which includes Residential, Children's Program, and Adult Counseling Programs
- Participate in agency trainings
- Participate in agency events
- Share responsibilities for crisis intervention services, medical on-call, and holiday scheduling
Please send cover letter and resume by August 14th to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Adminstrative Director, Safe Passage, P.O. Box 621, DeKalb, IL 60115.