Trained advocates are available 24 hours a day to meet with patients at Kishwaukee Community Hospital, Valley West Hospital, and Tri-County Clinic.
Medical advocates can:
- Provide patient support
- Help clients understand the medical process and provide advocacy with medical staff
- Give information on the patient's legal rights, medical and police procedures, etc.
- Offer shelter to eligible patients
- Develop a safety plan
- Set up appointments for patients to meet with legal advocates, counselors, etc.
- Provide support to patient's family and friends at the hospital/clinic
- Follow up with patients to ensure their needs are met