Abuse Intervention Services (AIS) offers Partner Abuse Intervention and Anger Management Programs.
Safe Passage believes an important element of our commitment to the safety of domestic violence victims and their children is our focus on abuse intervention and prevention. By working with individuals who have admitted to abusive behavior, we shift the focus from what victims can do to stay safe to what we all can do to promote healthy, respectful relationships. By engaging in Anger Management or the Partner Abuse Intervention Program, participants are given the chance to take accountability for their past actions and build toward a nonviolent, nonabusive future. For more information, contact AIS at 815-756-5054.
Partner Abuse Intervention Program (PAIP)
This weekly group assists individuals who have committed domestic violence with recognizing and understanding attitudes and behaviors that lead to violence. Participants will have the opportunity to learn new tools, engage in conversation with their peers, and learn with trained facilitators in a journey toward nonviolent relationships.
- 26 weekly group sessions
- $125 assessment fee/weekly sliding scale fees based on income or unemployment
- Morning and evening groups available
- Group sessions in English and Spanish
- Groups available for participants of all genders and sexual orientations
Anger Management Program
The Anger Management Program assists participants in learning to express emotion in nonviolent ways. The program will increase knowledge of anger and stress management techniques, while also focusing on power and control tactics.
- 12 weekly group sessions
- Open to participants of all genders
- $75 assessment/$25 weekly fee
- FREE Case Management services available
Who is Appropriate?
If you are concerned about violent behaviors in yourself or someone you care about, contact our Abuse Intervention Services program to learn more about the services we offer. PAIP and Anger Management are appropriate for individuals who recognize abusive tendencies in their own behavior or history and are looking for help, as well those who have been court or agency-mandated to receive treatment.
- Partner Abuse Intervention is for those who have been abusive toward an intimate partner or spouse.
- Anger Management is intended for those with a history of anger management issues, not directed toward an intimate partner.
- PAIP and Anger Management are court-approved to meet requirements related to domestic battery and related cases.
Request an Assessment:
To request an assessment for the Partner Abuse Intervention Program or Anger Management Program, CLICK HERE, or call 815-756-5054.